Ride Along with Us
The Marysville Police Department invites citizens to participate in its Ride-Along Program. Qualified applicants can ride in a patrol car with a police officer to observe law enforcement practices and activities. The Ride-Along Program provides an excellent opportunity for citizens to see and experience police work from an “up close and personal” perspective. A criminal background check will be assessed prior to approval. For more information, contact the Marysville Police Department Records Unit at (530) 749-3900.
Complete an application to ride with an MPD officer.
Ride-Along Program Requirements
- Be at least 16 years of age to ride.
- Complete a Ride-Along Application Form.
- Complete a Waiver and Release of Claims Form.
- Submit to a criminal history check/warrant check before you ride.
- Keep confidential any names or information which, if made public, could be detrimental to public safety or which may jeopardize the community standing or reputation of any citizen.
- Wear clothing that is neat, presentable and appropriate.
- Not carry any type of weapon including firearms, pepper spray, mace, stun guns, etc.
- Follow the instructions and directions of the police officer.
Ride-Along Program Guidelines
- The Ride-Along Program is offered to residents, students, and to those employed within the City.
- You may only ride once every six (6) months.
- The standard ride-along time is four (4) hours in duration.
- If the officer you are riding with is dispatched to a hazardous call, you may be required to leave the police vehicle and wait at a safe location until after the hazardous situation is over. This is for your safety.
- Although we will do our best to ensure your safety during the ride-along, applicants must recognize that law enforcement activities are inherently dangerous and involve the possible risk of injury.
How Do You Participate?
- Complete a Ride-Along Program Application and Waiver and Release Form.
- Both documents are available at the front counter of the Marysville Police Department between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday or by downloading the Ride-Along Form here.
- Be sure to indicate on the application what day and time you would like to ride.
- Turn both completed forms into the Records Unit at the front counter of the Marysville Police Department.
- A police watch commander will process your application and waiver form and will contact you by telephone to schedule a date and time that you may ride.