The Appeal

If you win in Small Claims Court, the process may not be over. The property owner may appeal the case to Superior Court. The appeal hearing is similar to the Small Claims Court hearing and the same laws apply. The only difference is that lawyers are allowed to represent the participants. Property owners usually obtain legal counsel, so it is a good idea to obtain the services of a lawyer. Be sure to request your lawyer's fees from the Judge.


More information

Note: Information on this page is subject to change without notice. Fees and processes change frequently and it is up to you to verify the information. This information is not legal counsel or advice. For more information and resources, please consider the following resources:

Yuba/Sutter Legal Center
725 D Street, Marysville, CA
(530) 742-8289

Yuba County Court
Small Claims
215 5th Street, Marysville, CA
(530) 749-7600

Yuba County Court Annex
Self-Help Center

120 5th Street, Marysville, CA
(530) 749-7685

California Courts Website - Small Claims