Reserve Police Officers
The Marysville Police Department Reserve Program is comprised of volunteer Peace Officers. Reserve Officers are available to support and assist the department in the protection of life and property, the preservation of public peace, and the enforcement of the laws of the county and state. The Reserves also work security at private and community functions to raise money for community programs and to support the Reserve Program.
Reserve Officers are key members of Marysville Police Department. Once a reserve officer has completed FTO, the officer may ride solo conducting normal patrol duties and answering calls-for-service.
Several Reserve Officers are also members of SWAT, Traffic Enforcement and Special Enforcement Team (SET). Marysville Police Department depends on reserve officers to compliment the overall police department. The Marysville Police Department Reserve Program is staffed with approximately 13 reserve officers, broken down as follows: 3 Sergeants and 10 reserve officers.
There are three levels of Reserve Officers
- Level III – Performs limited functions not usually requiring law enforcement powers. May also work security functions when supervised by a Level II Reserve, Level I Reserve or a Full Time Officer.
- Level II – Performs patrol functions when supervised by a full time Officer. Can work all security functions when working with a Level II Reserve, Level I reserve, or Full Time Officer.
- Level I – Performs all functions of a level II and Level III. May also work independently on patrol upon successful completion of the Field Training Program.
Qualified candidates must be citizens of the United States at or prior to appointment, must be at least 21 years of age and possess the following:
- Proof of completion of High School or equivalent.
- Employment as a Reserve Officer in the State of California within the last three years or graduation from a Reserve Academy within the last three years. Current enrollment in a reserve academy is also qualifying.
- A valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions as listed below with or without reasonable accommodation.
A qualified candidate must be in good physical condition with weight in proportion to height and build.
Must possess no less than 20/100 uncorrected vision in both eyes, correctable to 20/50 in both eyes and possess the ability to discriminate color; and, possess normal hearing acuity.
Compensation & Benefits
Reserves are provided uniforms and all safety equipment including a ballistic vest.
Application & Selection Procedure
Based on the review of all applications received, qualified applicants will be invited to participate in selection testing, which will include, an oral interview, a thorough background investigation, a psychological suitability evaluation and a medical suitability evaluation.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.