Community Service Officers
*Applications must be received or postmarked by 5:00 PM on Friday August 1, 2014.
*The Oral Panel will be held during the week of August 11th, 2014.
Under supervision, the Community Service Officer (CSO) performs a wide range of field and office support duties in the patrol and support services divisions within the Marysville Police Department. Officers may be assigned to field services, community services, or traffic control.
This is a specialized, part-time/temporary, non-sworn classification performing a wide variety of technical support duties. The Community Service Officer has no powers of arrest. CSO typically perform the following duties:
- Enforce sections of the Marysville Municipal Code, other enforcement codes; and assist other City Departments in various codes enforcement;
- Perform traffic control and non-violent crowd control;
- Assist Police Officers in routine investigations and respond to and investigate non-injury traffic collisions;
- Prepare a variety of routine reports, which may involve burglary, theft, stolen vehicles, casualty, or missing persons and may be assigned follow up responsibility on these and similar investigations;
- Operate computer systems and access data bases such as the California Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (CLETS) to enter, search, confirm and retrieve a wide variety of information related to local, state and national criminal activity and investigations using established codes and screens, determine alternative approaches to locating information such as use of aliases and other name variations;
- Complete effective presentations to community groups, provide crime prevention information, help with community events and related duties;
- Testify in court or at hearings on case records and investigative activities and in court proceedings regarding collection and preservation of evidence;
If you have questions about this recruitment, please send your email to Deputy Chief Aaron Easton or call the Police Department at (530) 749-3957.
The Marysville Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acts in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Download an application