header
hx

A Brief Look at MPD's History

The Marysville Police Department was established in 1851. The police department was orginally housed in the same building as the fire department and city hall. The building was located at 3rd St and Oak St before it was demolished in the 1960's.

 

Sheriff/Officer Henry McCoy arrived in Marysville in 1859.

 

Officer William Burroughs replaced McCoy in 1898 and served a total of 30 years.

 

An example of handcuffs and belly-chains from the late 1800's.

 

1901 article regarding a burglary in Marysville.

 

The Marysville, CA Police Department. Over 160 years of service and counting.